Our Design and Workflow Process
When designing new Learning Spaces or Work Spaces, leaders should start by identifying the student/staff outcomes that they wish to see from the new space, as well as the instructional techniques and activities that teachers will use to promote these outcomes. Elements to be considered in Learning or Work space re-design are as follows:
- Noise reduction – may need acoustic panelling on walls or ceiling?
- Flexibility of Layout – to facilitate collaborative learning, one-on-one teaching, or individual spaces for self-directed learning or working.
- Lighting – natural light is optimum, but it may be that the room lighting, just needs to be upgraded to create a vibrancy! Nothing worse than a dull day to dull your senses!
- Air – not too hot, not too cold – fresh air allows you to think clearly and keeps you on the ball…!
- Students sense of ownership – may include Pinboards where individual work/s can be posted…or their own Locker for their bag and books…!
- Seating – different formats of seating, allow for different students learning ability – in primary, students may work best seated on the floor? Some folk say they can only think creatively when they stand up…! Soft seating for more informal conversations…?
Our Process involves the following steps:
- Kick Off Meeting– the best way to start a project is to have a ‘meeting of the minds’ – preferably meet onsite to discuss – what your visions are, what your desired outcomes are, and then we discuss Layout concepts, Timing parameters, and Cost implications, to ascertain budget limits.
- 2D Planning & Design Costing Phase – at this point we create a two-dimensional plan, with options, with Furniture options, and with Ballpark figures. We will generally give you plenty of options based on your budget. At this point we also aim to home in on, Colour & Styles to clarify what fits with the School or Business atmosphere…!
- Working toward Final Proposal – we finalise the exact scope, the colours & finishes required, the timeline anticipated, and the Final layout drawings are signed off.
- Next Phase is taking ‘Design-to-Reality’ – this phase involves effective & consistent communication to make sure the project timelines are adhered to….all that left for you is to sit back and look forward to your newly refurbished space!!
“Guided by our vision to help student achieve the most out of their learning, we create effective environments, to help prepare them for College, Career and Life!”